In an official statement issued on Wednesday evening by Simeon Nwakaudu, the Rivers State Governor's Special Assistant on Electronic Media, Governor Nyesom Wike, has suspended four state commissioners, Head of Service, and the Special Adviser on Lands for three months.
1. John Bazia - Commissioner for Chieftaincy Affairs
2. Mrs. Tonye Briggs - Commissioner for Culture and Tourism
3. Fred Kpakol - Commissioner for Finance
4. Boma Iyaye - Commissioner for Sports.
Also suspended for three months are;
1. Rufus Godwin - Rivers State Head of Service
2. Anugbun Onuoha - Special Adviser on Lands.
The statement did not however state the reasons for suspension of the officers.