The Presidency has announced a shift in the timeline it planned to employ 200,000 graduates, saying beneficiaries will resume work on December 1. This will be the second time the Federal Government would be shifting its position on the employment scheme which it earlier promised would start in October.
The 200,000 graduates were supposed to have started work in October.
The Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo had said the reason for the shift in October was as a result of the government's failure to get the required equipment. After suffering the setback in October, the VP had promised Nigerians that the graduates would be engaged “in the next two weeks.”
However, it seems like all that was mere wishful thinking.
According to a statement released by the VP's Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Laolu Akande, on Sunday, it looks like the graduates would not start work in two weeks as earlier promised by the VP.
From all indication, the graduates might be starting work on the 1st of December.
Akande said while the 200,000 graduates were selected about two weeks ago, their names had been sent to state governments and the Federal Capital Territory who would deploy them to their specific programme assignments.
He said while beneficiaries’ names would be published this week on the N-Power internet portal, they would start receiving messages informing them of their selection from Monday.